Be still, and know that I am God.

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 6:26 PM
       Be still, and know that I am God.”

      Ps.46: 10: “Be still, and know that I am God...” [still = silent; calm down]

      Amplified Bible: Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God...."

      Another translation: “Be silent unto God, and let Him mould thee...”

      “In the undistracted moment men are in touch with God and everlasting things.” Springs in the Valley

      Let us seek the Lord to learn to have undistracted moments dedicated to Him.

      Silence inside my innermost being, Lord - waiting for you. My heart be a garden enclosed for you (Song of Solomon 4:12), satisfied with you alone. Desiring to know you & have fellowship with you: my God, my Creator, my Savior. Teach me to be silent, teach me to be calm, O God who formed me from the dust. I am just a speck of dust, Lord. Let me rest in you, and know you as my God, my Creator, my Savior. Amen.

      Being Still in Making Decisions: When we are torn by conflicts as between parents and children, spouses, brethren; decisions about money; decisions about relationships. In all these we may say: O God, you make my decisions for me.  Lord, I trust you, I wait for you, I rest, I am silent unto you, I calm down, I praise you, I give you glory. God makes Himself known to such humble people. To leave the decision to God is humility. We have God’s peace. We are drawn closer to God in every decision.

      Learning to be silent and know God,
      Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.

      "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habit.
      Watch your habits, they become character.
      Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."