Our Daily Bread:Love & Prayer

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2013
      READ: Psalm 92

      They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing. —Psalm 92:14

      In a popular children’s book, Winnie the Pooh watches Kanga bound away. Iwish I could jump like that, he thinks. Some can and some can’t. That’s how it is.
      We see younger or more able men and women doing extraordinary things that
      we cannot do. They can; we can’t. That’s how it is. It’s easy to feel
      useless when we can’t do the things we were once capable of doing.
      It’s true that we may not be able to “jump” like we once did, but we can
      love and we can pray. These are the works that time and experience have
      prepared us to do well.
      Love is the very best gift we have to give to God and to others. It is no
      small matter, for love is the means by which we fulfill our whole duty
      to God and our neighbor. Our love for one person may seem to be a small
      action, but love is the greatest gift of all (1 Cor. 13:13).
      And we can pray. Paul encouraged the Colossians to “continue earnestly in
      prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving” (Col. 4:2). Our prayers
      are a powerful force in the universe!
      Love and prayer are mighty works indeed, the mightiest works for any of us.
      Why? Because our God, who wants to use us, is an all-loving and
      all-powerful God. —David Roper
      Begin the day with God;
      Kneel down to Him in prayer;
      Lift up thy heart to His abode,
      And seek His love to share. —Dann
      God pours His love into our hearts that it might flow out to others.