Our Daily Bread: Let Us Stick Together

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2013
      READ: 1 Corinthians 12:12-27

      For in fact the body is not one member but many. —1 Corinthians 12:14

      Most regions of the world are familiar with the amazing phenomenon of snow.
      Snowflakes are beautiful, uniquely crafted ice crystals. Individual
      snowflakes are fragile, and they quickly melt if they land on your hand. Yet, en masse they create a force to be reckoned with. They can shut
      down major cities while creating beautiful landscapes of snow-laden
      trees whose pictures decorate calendars and become the subject of
      artwork. They provide pleasure on the ski slopes and joy for children as they make snowmen and ammunition for snowball fights. All because they
      stick together.
      So it is with those of us who follow Christ. Each of us has been uniquely
      gifted with the capacity to make a contribution to the work of Christ.
      We were never intended to live in isolation but to work together to
      become a great force for God and the advance of His cause. As Paul
      reminds us, the body of Christ “is not one member but many” (1 Cor.
      12:14). All of us are to use our gifts to serve one another so that
      together we can make a significant difference in our world.
      Put your giftedness to work, joyfully cooperate with the giftedness of
      those around you, and let the wind of the Spirit use you for His glory!
      —Joe Stowell
      Lord, teach us to use our strengths in cooperation with
      the strengths of others. Help us to serve as one so that
      we might know the joy of the power of our togetherness
      for Your name’s sake and the advance of Your kingdom.
      We can accomplish more together than we can alone.