Our Daily Bread: Her Worst Day Ever

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2013
      READ: Job 7:11-21

      I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. Job 7:11

      In May 2011, a young woman took cover in a bathtub during a tornado that
      devastated her city of Joplin, Missouri. Her husband covered her body
      with his and took the blows from flying debris. He died, and she
      survived because of his heroism. She naturally wrestles with the
      question, Why? But a year after the tornado, she said that she finds
      comfort because even on her worst day ever, she was loved.
      When I think about worst days ever,� I think of Job right away. A man who
      loved God, he lost his animals, his servants, and his 10 children in one day! (Job 1:13-19). Job mourned deeply, and he also asked the questions. Why?�
      He cried out, Have I sinned? What have I done to You? Why have You set me as Your target? (7:20). Job's friends accused him
      of sinning and thought he deserved his difficulties, but God said of his friends: You have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job
      has� (42:7). God did not give him the reasons for his suffering, but He
      listened to Job and did not fault him for his questions. God assured him of His control over everything, and Job trusted Him (42:1-6).
      The Lord may not give us the reasons for our trials. But, thankfully, even
      on our worst day ever, we can know for sure we are loved by Him (Rom.
      8:35-39). Anne Cetas
      We're grateful, Father, that You know our hearts
      with our pain and joy. Thank You that You never
      leave us nor forsake us, as Your Word tells us.
      Please hold us close during our trials.
      God's love does not keep us from trials, but sees us through them.