Our Daily Bread: Greedy Birds

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2013
      READ: 2 Corinthians 9:6-15

      God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you . . . may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

      Every year when I put out the hummingbird feeder, the busy little birds start battling for position. Even though there are four places at the table,� the birds fight for whatever place one of their neighbors is
      using. The source of food at each place is the same a reservoir of syrup in the bottom of the feeder. Knowing that all the feeding stations are
      equal, I shake my head at their greediness.
      But then I wonder, Why is it so much easier to see the greed of the birds than it is to see my own? I often want the place at God's table� that someone else has, even
      though I know all good things come from the same source God and that His supply will never run out. Since God can prepare a table for us even in the presence of our enemies (Ps. 23:5), why be concerned that someone
      else might have the station in life that we want?
      The Lord is able to give us all sufficiency in all things so that we will have an abundance for every good work (2�Cor. 9:8). When we recognize the importance of our work as ministers of the grace of God (1 Peter
      4:10), we'll stop fighting to take over someone else's position and be
      grateful for the place God has given us to serve others on His behalf.
      Julie Ackerman Link
      Thank You for the privilege we have to serve You by
      serving others, Lord. Help us to be content to fill
      the place where You have put us, so that
      You might be glorified through us.
      Resentment comes from looking at others; contentment comes from looking at God.