Our Dail Bread: No Risk

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      READ: Ephesians 2:1-10

      For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

      A colleague recently shared an experience I don't intend to try
      personally bungee jumping. I found his description of the event both
      fascinating and terrifying. To think of jumping headfirst from a bridge
      hundreds of feet in the air suspended only by a giant rubber band is not my idea of a good time. But his leap was not without support. He
      described not one, but two heavy-duty harnesses that secured him to his
      lifeline and to safety. The careful design and proven testing of those
      harnesses gave him great confidence as he jumped into the air.
      As I listened, it occurred to me that for the follower of Christ, living
      in a sinful world is not a blind leap of faith.� We too have a pair of
      protections that can secure us in even the darkest times of life. In
      Ephesians 2:8-9, Paul wrote these words, For by grace you have been
      saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
      not of works, lest anyone should boast.
      It's in these twin harnesses God's grace and faith in the finished work of
      Jesus that our relationship with God safely rests. In the strength of
      these provisions, salvation is not a risky leap into the void. It's an
      exercise of confidence in God's Word and His unfailing love and
      protection. Bill Crowder
      It was grace that taught my heart to fear,
      And grace my fears relieved;
      How precious did that grace appear
      The hour I first believed! Newton
      We can expect God's peace when we accept God's grace.