Our Daily Bread: To God Be the Glory

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2013
      READ: 1 Chronicles 25:1-8

      Chenaniah, leader of the Levites, was instructor in charge of the music, because he was skillful. 1 Chronicles 15:22

      When Jason was asked to sing at a church he was visiting, he was delighted
      to participate even though he wasn't asked until a few minutes before
      the service started. He chose a familiar hymn, To God Be the Glory,
      because it was a song that was especially meaningful to him. He
      practiced it a few times in the church basement and sang it without
      accompaniment in the church service.
      Several weeks later, Jason learned that some people in the church didn't
      appreciate his ministry. They thought he was showing off. Because they
      did not know him, they wrongly assumed that he was singing to impress
      them, not to honor the Lord.
      From the Old Testament we learn that God appointed people with skill to be
      involved in temple worship. From construction workers to worship
      leaders people were chosen based on their skill (1 Chron. 15:22;
      25:1,7).
      The Lord gave each of us different talents and spiritual gifts to be used
      for His glory (Col. 3:23-24). When we serve with that purpose, not to
      lift up ourselves, we don't need to be concerned with what others think. God gave His very best to us. His Son Jesus and we honor Him by giving
      our best to Him. Julie Ackerman Link
      The Master needs what you have to offer,
      No matter if you think it's small;
      His work on earth is done through His children,
      So give Him your best, give your all. Hess
      We are at our best when we serve God from our hearts.