Our Daily Bread: Imaginary Friend

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2013
      READ:�Romans 1:18-25

      Abraham believed God . . . and he was called the friend of God. James 2:23

      Not long ago, I heard about this billboard along the highway: God is an imaginary friend choose reality. It will be better for all of us.�
      Obviously, the bold statement compares Christians to children whose vivid imaginations invent a make-believe companion. But is that what God is an imaginary friend?
      Actually, the evidence favors His reality. Ponder these ideas: The creation of the world shows there is a Designer behind the universe (Rom. 1:18-20). The conscience indicates a Lawgiver behind each human's sense of right and wrong (Rom. 2:14-15). The creativity we express in music and art reflect the same attribute that the Creator possesses (Ex. 35:31-32). Christ reveals what God is like in human form (Heb. 1:1-4). And the communion or fellowship of the Spirit in the Christian heart manifests the reality of God (Gal. 5:22-23).
      The Bible tells us there will be those who deny the reality of God (2 Peter 3:4-6). But James reminds us of His reality and how an Old Testament believer befriended Him: Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. And he was called the friend of God (James 2:23). Have you met the redeeming God? He gave His Son to become your real, eternal Friend (John 15:15). Dennis Fisher
      I've found a Friend, O such a Friend!
      He loved me ere I knew Him;
      He drew me with the cords of love,
      And thus He bound me to Him. Small
      The dearest friend on earth is but a mere shadow compared to Jesus. Chambers
    • Vatachal Thomas John
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2013
        I sincerely thank our dear Moolelachen for the eye opener message on the subject "God, is He an Imaginary Friend ?"

        V T John, ID 3085