Malankara World Journal - Fathers Day Special - Issue 147 (June 13, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal - Fathers Day Special - Issue 147 (June 13, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 147**
      **Fathers' Day Special*

      1. Foreword: Important Role of Fathers

      Family is important to God. He created it before He created the church
      and, as with each of His creations, He made a plan for it to succeed. At
      the heart of that plan is love. To be part of a family is to be loved.
      So the challenge is ... how can we love our family? ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (June 16)

      Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_4th_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (June 16)

      Sermons for the Fourth Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_4th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      4. Inspiration

      What bible says about Fathers. ...

      5. Featured: The Value of an Involved Father

      So men, I want you to hear what I am sharing today. I want to show you
      how important you are to your children. Then I want to share with you
      how you can be a good father to your children. ...

      6. Father's Day: From Father, with Love

      The author of Proverbs 3 wants his child to grow up strong and to
      possess qualities that will make him a real adult. Forget the quest for
      becoming a macho man or an urban cowgirl. I bequeath these same ideals
      and goals for my child. ...

      7. Ten Lessons I Learned from My Father

      Romans 8:28 was as prominent as John 3:16 in our home. "God works all
      things together for good for those who love him and are called according
      to his purpose." ...

      8. A Blessed Father

      What does it mean to be a blessed Father? And how can we live under the
      full blessing of God as a Father? How does God define the word FATHER?
      This is what we are going to look at this morning to help us live to our
      fullest potential as Dads. ...

      9. Study Shows Christianity Makes Men Better Husbands and Fathers

      In a research brief this month, Bradford Wilcox, a sociology professor
      at the University of Virginia, analyzed three national studies in order
      to discover if "there is any evidence that religion is playing a role in
      encouraging a strong family orientation among contemporary American
      men?" His research led him to conclude that men who regularly attend
      Christian services are engaged in happier and stronger marriages and are
      more involved in the lives of their children than men who do not. ...

      10. Fatherhood and What It Means to be a Man

      Our society's attempt to suggest that we do not need men and we do not
      need fathers has demonstrated only the opposite: that more than ever we
      need true men, true gentlemen, and true fathers. I have never yet met a
      woman who does not want her husband to be a good, strong father. And I
      have never met a woman who has complained about her husband being a true
      gentlemen. ...

      11. Fathers Are Important

      Fathers have the most important role in the life of their children. The
      blessing of being a father is a great joy and with it comes great
      responsibility. No single individual will have a bigger impact on his
      children's life, for good or bad, than the father. ...

      12. Eleven Things Your Dad Would Love to Hear on Father's Day

      Because our parents tend to be such constant presences in our lives we
      often take them - and everything they've done for us - for granted.
      Father's Day is the perfect time to think about all of the ways in which
      your dad has impacted your life, and hopefully, give him the gift of
      heartfelt thanks. ...

      13. Family: When Father's Day Hurts Your Heart

      The "Daddy wound" is very prevalent among women. Little girls who
      experienced abandonment, rejection, abuse or indifference from their
      fathers can tend to carry that pain with them throughout their lives. ...

      14. A Tale of Two Dads

      I heard that one of my colleagues had recently lost his father. I asked
      him about it, and he shared this story. ...

      15. Family Special: Appreciating Each Other: Are We Taking Our Spouse
      for Granted?

      It's easy to become so self-absorbed that we fail to recognize the
      qualities and gifts of the person who is closest to us in life. In
      becoming blind to those attributes, however, we miss some great
      opportunities to build on each other's strengths. ...

      16. Health: Seven Keys To Healing The Broken Heart Of An Addict

      It has been proven over and over again, that resentment - which is the
      remembering, reliving and re-telling of painful events--is deadly for
      those with addictive or dependent tendencies. You simply cannot afford
      it. Resentment and blame blocks you from a connection with SpiritĀ­-your
      spirit. When you are blocked from your spirit, you are blocked from
      emotional balance and well-being. ...

      17. Recipe: Potato Salad - German Style

      18. Reflections on a Trip to Thekkady

      Some people have the unusual talent of writing travelogues that brings
      the trip to life. When I was young, it was SK Pottakkad. I must have
      read all his books. Of course, these days, with the internet and the
      world getting closer, the role of travel books have diminished. ...

      19. Awaken the Sleeping Giant Within You

      And your mind consists of dual, invisible gigantic powers: the conscious
      and the subconscious. One is a giant that never sleeps. It is called the
      subconscious mind. The other is a giant which when asleep is powerless.
      When awakened, his potential power is unlimited. ...

      20. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew