gift of God keeps giving

  • rev john brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2013
      gift of God keeps giving

      What is a gift? What is the difference between a paycheck and a gift?
      between manipulation and gift-giving?

      In Holy Orthodoxy, we know that we are given a gift from God that is greater than all the treasures of this world. Do we take this for granted? Are we grateful?

      If we are not, we might throw the gift away. Amazingly, God keeps giving.

      Fr John Brian uses a passage from the Epistle to the Ephesians, Chapter 2, to bring to our consciousness the magnitude of this precious gift.

      This is another inspirational message of Orthodox Christian practical
      spirituality.

      O Lord, help us to receive the great gift that God gives us. In humility, let us accept that gift in its fullness, moving aside all obstacles.

      Please pray for Fr. John Brian who continues to encourage us in the
      continuing development of Christian spirituality.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, June 2, 2013 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      Please pray for our mission and help us as you are able.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2013/06/gift-of-god-keeps-giving.html