Our Daily Bread: Guarding Hearts

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2013
      READ: 2 Timothy 2:10-18

      Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not
      need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

      For years I taught adult Bible-study classes in a local church and took
      great pains to consider Scripture carefully before answering questions
      during the lessons. Later, during a lecture in my first semester of
      seminary at age 40, I learned that I'd given a woman who had attended
      one of my classes a terrible answer to her heartfelt question. I was
      certain my response had been causing her distress over the 2�years since I had seen her, and I was eager to correct myself for her sake.
      Racing home, I called her and instantly burst into an apology. A long pause
      was followed by her saying in a puzzled tone: I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble placing you right now.� I was neither as memorable nor as
      damaging as I had believed! It was then I realized God is at work
      guarding His truth even as we grow in our understanding of His Word. I'm thankful He protected this woman's heart.
      We are human and will make mistakes sometimes as we share God's Word with
      others. But we have an obligation to diligently seek His truth and
      exercise care when we talk about it (2 Tim. 2:15). Then we may boldly
      proclaim Him, praying that His Spirit will guard not only our hearts but also the hearts of those we seek to serve. God and His Word are
      deserving of the greatest care. Randy Kilgore
      The words I spoke but yesterday
      Are changed as I read Your Word;
      I see more clearly Your perfect way,
      And my heart is deeply stirred. Kilgore
      Let God's Word fill your memory, rule your heart, and guide your words.