Our Daily Bread: Pressing On

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2013
      READ: Philippians 1:12-18; 3:8-11

      That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings. Philippians 3:10

      At a Christian men's conference, I talked with a longtime friend who has
      encouraged and mentored me for many years. With him were two young men
      from China, new in their faith and deeply grateful for this man's
      faithful friendship and spiritual help. My friend Clyde, nearing 80
      years of age, glowed with enthusiasm as he said, I've never been more
      excited about knowing and loving Christ than I am today.
      Paul's letter to the Philippians reveals a heart and purpose that never
      diminished with time: That I may know Him and the power of His
      resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to
      His death (Phil. 3:10). From the root of Paul's relationship with Jesus came the fruit of his undiminished fervor that others be guided to
      faith in Him. He rejoiced to share the gospel and was encouraged that
      others became bolder because of him (1:12-14).
      If our goal is merely service for the Lord, we may burn out somewhere
      along the line. But if our purpose, like Paul's and Clyde's and many
      others, is to know Christ and love Him, well find that He will give us
      the strength to make Him known to others. Let us joyfully press on in
      the strength God gives! David McCasland
      Father God, I want to know You in all Your fullness and
      to love You completely. I believe that relationship
      with You is the basis for my service for You.
      Help me not to serve out of my own strength.
      Learn from Christ then make Him known.