Our Daily Bread: I am Bored

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2013
      READ: John 10:7-14

      I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10

      When our kids were teens, we repeatedly had the following discussion after
      their church youth group meeting: I asked, How was youth group
      tonight? And they responded, It was boring. After several weeks of
      this, I decided to find out for myself. I slipped into the gym where
      their meeting was held, and I watched. I saw them participating,
      laughing, listening, having a great time. That night on the way home I
      asked about their evening and, once again, they said, It was boring.� I responded, I was there. I watched. You had a great time! They
      responded, Maybe it wasn't as bad as usual.
      I recognized that behind their reluctance to admit they were enjoying
      youth group were things such as peer pressure and a fear of not
      appearing cool.� But then I wondered, Am I similarly afraid to get too excited about spiritual things?
      Indeed, there is nothing in this universe more worthy of our enthusiasm than
      who Christ is and what He did for us. Jesus said, I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly� (John 10:10). That's the opposite of boring! At any age, we have a gift from the
      Savior that is worth celebrating. Our salvation is something to get
      excited about! Bill Crowder
      Father, please fill my heart with the joy of Christ.
      I desire that the abundant life I have found
      in Him might contagiously reach
      out to others around me.
      If you know Christ, you always have a reason to celebrate.