Our Daily Bread: Displaying God's Glory

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2013
      READ: Romans 8:1-10

      Those who live according to the Spirit, [live according to] the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5

      I love baseball and have been a fan of the sport since I was a little
      kid. I especially enjoy following the Detroit Tigers. But during a
      recent season, the Tigers’ poor play and losing record early in the
      season frustrated me greatly. So for my own personal well-being, I took a break. I spent 4 days avoiding anything to do with my favorite team.
      During those 4 Tiger-less days, I began to contemplate how difficult it is to
      give up things we've grown accustomed to. Yet there are times when God
      may want us to.
      For instance, we may be involved in an activity that has become
      all-encompassing—and we know it would be best to limit it (see 1�Cor. 6:12). Or we may have a habit or practice that we know misses the mark
      of pleasing God, and we realize that we need to let it go because we
      love Him and want Him to be glorified through us (15:34).
      When we do find things that interfere with our relationship with the Lord,
      with His help we can stop. God has given us the provision (1 Cor.
      10:13), and the Spirit provides the power (Rom. 8:5).
      Let's ask Him to help us not let anything block His glory from shining through. Dave Branon
      You are perfect, Lord, and we are so far from
      perfect. Please chip away at our imperfections
      through the work of Your Holy Spirit. Help us
      each day to grow more and more like You.
      Drawing close to Christ produces a growing Christlikeness.