Re: "Malphono Mardutho" & " Beth Mardutho"

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2013
      Dr George Kiraz, born in the Holy Land now residing in the USA  has established and is running the  Beth Mardutho an institution  dedicated to the cause of Syriac. My dear and Very Rev Kuriakose Moolayil Corepiscopa alias Moolelachan is decorated by HH Moran Patriarch with the title Malfono Mardutho. The word Mardutho is common in the name of the institution and the Patriarchal Title. I was at a loss  to comprehend the meaning of the word Mardutho in Beth Mardutho. With the confirment of the title Malfono Mardutho [Doctor of (Syriac) Literature] on Moolelachan,  I think Beth Mardutho would mean House of (Syriac) Literature or rather School of (Syriac) Literature. It is hoped that I will get a confirmation on the matter in these columns

      V T John ID 3085
    • Vatachal Thomas John
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2013
        A SMALL MISTAKE CREPT IN MY MESSAGE OF  SATURDAY 25TH    MAY  2013. KINDLY READ IT AS UNDER AND INCLUDE  IN THE JOURNAL IF THE MESSAGE OF  25TH   HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN INCLUDED IN THE JOURNAL

        Dr George Kiraz, born in the Holy Land now residing in the USA  has established and is running the  Beth Mardutho an institution  dedicated to the cause of Syriac. Beth Mardutho is the same as Baitho D`Mardutho My dear and Very Rev Kuriakose Moolayil Corepiscopa alias Moolelachan is decorated by HH Moran Patriarch with the title Malfono D`Mardutho. The word Mardutho is common in the name of the institution and the Patriarchal Title. I was at a loss  to comprehend the meaning of the word Mardutho in Beth Mardutho. With with the confirment of the title Malfono D`Mardutho [Doctor of (Syriac) Literature] on Moolelachan,  I think Beth Mardutho would mean House of (Syriac) Literature or rather School of (Syriac) Literature. It is hoped that I will get a confirmation on the matter in these columns

        V T John
        ID 3085