Our Daily Bread: Star Shepherd

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 7:13 PM
      READ: Ezekiel 34:11-16

      Why do you say, . . . My way is hidden from the Lord? Isaiah 40:27

      In the spring, shepherds in Idaho move their flocks from the lowlands into the mountains. Thousands of sheep move up the passes into the high
      country to summer pasture.
      My wife and I came across a flock on Shaw Mountain last week. It was
      bedded down in a meadow by a quiet stream a picturesque scene that
      evoked memories of Psalm 23.
      But where was the shepherd? The sheep appeared to be alone until a few
      broke away from the flock and began to wander toward a distant gully.
      Then we heard a shrill whistle from above. Looking up, we saw the
      shepherd sitting high on a hill above the sheep, keeping watch over his
      flock. A mountain dog and two Border collies stood at his side. The
      dogs, responding to the shepherd's signal, bounded down the hill and
      herded the drifting sheep back to the flock where they belonged.
      In the same way, the Good Shepherd is watching over you. Even though you
      cannot see Him, He can see you! He knows you by name and knows all about you. You are the sheep of His pasture (Ezek. 34:31). God promises that
      He will seek out� His sheep, feed them in good pasture, and bind up
      the broken� (vv.12,14,16).
      You can trust in God’s watchful care. David Roper
      I trust in God, I know He cares for me
      On mountain bleak or on the stormy sea;
      Though billows roll, He keeps my soul,
      My heavenly Father watches over me.
      William Martin. Renewal 1938. The Rodeheaver Company.
      The Lamb who died to save us is the Shepherd who lives to care for us.