Our Daily Bread: To Be Continued

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19 8:37 AM
      READ: Acts 1:1-11

      You shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.�Acts 1:8

      The fifth book of the New Testament, the Acts of the Apostles, records the
      beginnings of the Christian church under the leadership of the people
      Jesus had appointed. Some scholars have suggested that this book could
      also be called the Acts of the Holy Spirit, because the Spirit's power
      supplied courage for the apostles in the face of every hardship.
      Just before Jesus was taken up into heaven, He told the ones He had chosen:
      You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria,
      and to the end of the earth (Acts 1:8). With those words, one chapter
      in the story of God's work on earth ended, and a new one began. We are a part of that ongoing story.

      The book of Acts describes the faithful witness of Peter, John, Barnabas,
      Paul, Dorcas, Lydia, and many others during the early days of the
      church. These ordinary people depended on God to give them strength as
      they spread His Word and demonstrated His love.
      That story continues through us. As we trust God and obey His direction to
      make Jesus known, He writes through us new pages in His story of
      redemption.� David McCasland

      Gracious Spirit, use my words to help and heal.
      Use my actions, bold and meek, to speak for You.
      May You be pleased to reveal
      Your life to others through mine.
      People know true faith stories when they see them.