Our Daily Bread: God's Strong Arms

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 7:31 PM
      READ: Exodus 6:1-8

      I will redeem you with an outstretched arm. —Exodus 6:6

      My friend Joann had a strong desire to become a concert pianist and to
      travel and perform as either a soloist or as a piano accompanist. While
      majoring in piano performance in college, she developed tendinitis in
      her right arm, and it became too weak to perform the solo recital that
      was required. She graduated with a degree in music history and
      literature instead.
      She knew Jesus as her Savior, but she had been rebelling against Him for
      several years. Then through further difficult circumstances, she sensed
      the Lord reaching out to her, and she turned back to Him. Eventually her arm grew stronger, and her dream of traveling and performing came
      about. She says, “Now I could play to God’s glory instead of my own. His outstretched arm restored my spiritual life and the strength in my arm
      to enable me to serve Him with the gift He gave me.”
      The Lord promised Moses that His outstretched arm would rescue the
      Israelites from bondage in Egypt (Ex. 6:6). He kept that promise even
      though His often-rebellious people doubted (14:30-31). God’s mighty arm
      is outstretched for us as well. No matter the outcome of our situation,
      He can be trusted to bring about His will for each of His children. We
      can depend on God’s strong arm. —Anne Cetas
      What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
      Leaning on the everlasting arms;
      O how bright the path grows from day to day,
      Leaning on the everlasting arms. —Hoffman
      With God’s strength behind you and His arms beneath you, you can face whatever lies ahead of you.