Our Daily Bread: Becoming

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      READ: Luke 2:41-52

      Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. �Luke 2:52

      I grew up in a small town. No famous people. No busy streets. Not much to do. Yet I've always been thankful for my quiet, uncomplicated
      upbringing.
      One evening when my husband and I were attending a business dinner, a new
      acquaintance asked me where I was from. When I told her, she said,
      Aren't you embarrassed to admit it?
      Unsure whether or not she was joking, I simply said, No.�
      Although my town was sometimes belittled for its lack of sophistication, it was
      not lacking in things that matter. My family was part of a church
      community in which parents brought up children in the training and
      admonition of the Lord.� (Eph. 6:4).
      Jesus also grew up in a small town: Nazareth. A man named Nathanael asked,
      Can anything good come out of Nazareth? (John 1:46). Jesus proved that the answer is yes. Even though He grew up in an insignificant place, He was the most significant person in all of history.
      Experience taught me and Scripture confirms that what matters is not where you grow up but how you grow up. Sometimes we feel insignificant compared to sophisticated
      people from prominent places. But we are significant to God, and He can
      make us strong in spirit and filled with His wisdom. �Julie Ackerman
      Link
      O teach me what it cost You, Lord,
      To make a sinner whole;
      And help me understand anew
      The value of one soul! �Anon.
      What we become is more important than where we are from.