Re: What is the use of 'Cathedral' status to Churches??

  • Cherian Jacob
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14 6:32 AM
      Dear Mr. Titus

      You brought a very important point we all are facing "Identity". We all are
      designed and trapped in our identity. Identity is the seed devil placed in
      everyone, so that he can keep the control on any human being. All the
      fights happening around the world is only for validating or invalidating
      someone's identity. If we start recognizing the artificial identity mask we
      all are wearing, world will become a better place to live. Somehow now my
      dentity is triggering me to response to this blog. Someone else identiy
      will find a reason and justification for and against my view and your view.
      It is funny, and sometimes crazy!

      We are fighting for years between our churches for our "Faith" or
      "Identity"?

      Did our fight in all these years add any positive impact to our society? We
      can allways find a reason for fight, finally devil only wanted to keep this
      fight going on for ever.

      Is this the right time to start recognizing that there is no future for our
      generation if we continue our life like this? Is it worth giving your life
      for a cause where a generation can count on? Today we have so many bishops,
      but who will be remembered for their actions that they made a difference
      for our society?

      We run our "Prestige" identity most of the time, so even if you don't have
      a place to worship, "Prestige" identity need a cathedral name to be added
      to it's surname. Here it is a "group identity".

      Tear of all these masks, and live like a human being and a community who
      stand for their fellow human being.

      Did my identiy kicked you off from reading this post?

      Have a blessed week

      Thanks & Regards
      Cherian Jacob

      From the moderators desk:
      --------------------------
      Please use the id no in your future messages, and if you do not have any id no., please send us your details, in order to provide one.

      Thanks.
    • elias
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
        Perumpally Thirumeni's Hymns in Syrian Orthodox Liturgy

        There are many beautiful hymns written by Late Lamented Perumpallil Thirumeni which we are now using in our Liturgy and St.Mary intercessory prayers. Most of the people in our church are not aware that the author is Perumpallil Thirumeni.

        I would like to say that these songs should be included in "Kurbana Kramam" published by Udayagiri Seminari and all other church publications with a reference to the author Ghevarughese Mor Gregarious Perumpallil.

        It is very nice to see that Indian Orthodox Church choirs also singing Thirumeni's songs in St.Mary intercessory prayers. But the sad part is some were claiming in forums that these songs not belonging to Thirumeni or just a translation from Syriac.

        Thirumeni's song " Soodarare keelpeen …. Koodivarin Sradhichiduveen ….."was sung instead of "Velivu niranjoreesho ……." before beginning Holy Eucharist in Public. Now Manarcadu church choir sings this at times (I think only during Ettu Noimbu).

        New generation should know that the author of beautiful songs such as "Bhuswargam perunnone…." and "Sarveshwara Vachanam…" is Ghevarughese Mor Gregarious Perumpallil.

        Elias Abraham
        ID No.3283
      • mathaithebanker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2013
          I happened to be his student. Thirumeni when he was an Achen and

          was a Malayalam teacher at MGM High School Puthencruz he taught me and he was one of the great teachers with deep knowledge in Malayalam literature.If he teach Malayalam poetry you need not read it again.Even at the age of 63 I remember the poems taught by him.In my college days I attended the classes of Prof. Leelavathi, Prof.Sanu, Prof.Kunjikuttan and so on but only the poems taught by Thirumeni and Prof.Sanu I can recite even now with ease. His writing should be preserved in his name.

          P.E.Mathai
          General Manager(retired)
          South Indian Bank