Re: [SOCM-FORUM] What is the use of 'Cathedral' status to Churches??

  • Rajan Varghese
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2013
      I fully agree with the views of Mr Varkey. Our Churches should discourage such acts inlcluding renaming the churches as "thekkinte parumala", "vadakinte Manjinikkara", "Kizhakkinte Manarcaud" etc etc......

      Pray for suffering Christians in Muslim dominated nations and pray for Christian unity

      with love and prayers

      God bless all

      ---

      From the moderators desk:
      --------------------------

      Please use your id no. in all your future messages. If you do not have any one, kindly send us your full details and we will provide an id no. to you.

      Thanks
    • Cherian Jacob
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2013
        Dear Mr. Titus

        You brought a very important point we all are facing "Identity". We all are
        designed and trapped in our identity. Identity is the seed devil placed in
        everyone, so that he can keep the control on any human being. All the
        fights happening around the world is only for validating or invalidating
        someone's identity. If we start recognizing the artificial identity mask we
        all are wearing, world will become a better place to live. Somehow now my
        dentity is triggering me to response to this blog. Someone else identiy
        will find a reason and justification for and against my view and your view.
        It is funny, and sometimes crazy!

        We are fighting for years between our churches for our "Faith" or
        "Identity"?

        Did our fight in all these years add any positive impact to our society? We
        can allways find a reason for fight, finally devil only wanted to keep this
        fight going on for ever.

        Is this the right time to start recognizing that there is no future for our
        generation if we continue our life like this? Is it worth giving your life
        for a cause where a generation can count on? Today we have so many bishops,
        but who will be remembered for their actions that they made a difference
        for our society?

        We run our "Prestige" identity most of the time, so even if you don't have
        a place to worship, "Prestige" identity need a cathedral name to be added
        to it's surname. Here it is a "group identity".

        Tear of all these masks, and live like a human being and a community who
        stand for their fellow human being.

        Did my identiy kicked you off from reading this post?

        Have a blessed week

        Thanks & Regards
        Cherian Jacob

        From the moderators desk:
        --------------------------
        Please use the id no in your future messages, and if you do not have any id no., please send us your details, in order to provide one.

        Thanks.
      • drthomas_joseph
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2013
          Our love of titles and decorations surpasses that of the Pharisees that our Lord condemned. When title-mania grips people, try contemplating on St. Matthew 23: 1-12 as medicine!

          Matt 23, 1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. ... 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, `Rabbi, Rabbi.' ... But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

          Regards,
          Thomas Joseph
          ID: 0202

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, "Varkey T.A." <takunjunju@...> wrote:

          > Dear Moderators,
          >
          > Recently it became a status symbol for many Churches in Malankara and outside India belongs to SOC & IOC, to get declared their churches as "Cathedral" Church!!
        • elias
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
            Perumpally Thirumeni's Hymns in Syrian Orthodox Liturgy

            There are many beautiful hymns written by Late Lamented Perumpallil Thirumeni which we are now using in our Liturgy and St.Mary intercessory prayers. Most of the people in our church are not aware that the author is Perumpallil Thirumeni.

            I would like to say that these songs should be included in "Kurbana Kramam" published by Udayagiri Seminari and all other church publications with a reference to the author Ghevarughese Mor Gregarious Perumpallil.

            It is very nice to see that Indian Orthodox Church choirs also singing Thirumeni's songs in St.Mary intercessory prayers. But the sad part is some were claiming in forums that these songs not belonging to Thirumeni or just a translation from Syriac.

            Thirumeni's song " Soodarare keelpeen …. Koodivarin Sradhichiduveen ….."was sung instead of "Velivu niranjoreesho ……." before beginning Holy Eucharist in Public. Now Manarcadu church choir sings this at times (I think only during Ettu Noimbu).

            New generation should know that the author of beautiful songs such as "Bhuswargam perunnone…." and "Sarveshwara Vachanam…" is Ghevarughese Mor Gregarious Perumpallil.

            Elias Abraham
            ID No.3283
          • mathaithebanker
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2013
              I happened to be his student. Thirumeni when he was an Achen and

              was a Malayalam teacher at MGM High School Puthencruz he taught me and he was one of the great teachers with deep knowledge in Malayalam literature.If he teach Malayalam poetry you need not read it again.Even at the age of 63 I remember the poems taught by him.In my college days I attended the classes of Prof. Leelavathi, Prof.Sanu, Prof.Kunjikuttan and so on but only the poems taught by Thirumeni and Prof.Sanu I can recite even now with ease. His writing should be preserved in his name.

              P.E.Mathai
              General Manager(retired)
              South Indian Bank