Re: Sad demise of Mr. K.Y. Jacob H.M. Bhopal St.Thomas Sunday School

  • jacob joshua
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013
      Rev. Fathers and Dear all,

      We attach herewith a condolence message on behalf of the Delhi Diocesan Sunday School Committee on the demise of Shri K Y Jacob (74 yrs) of our Bhopal Parish.  In the 1970s when we had no Sunday School books in English, he took special interest to translate the lessons into English and distributed among the children and was conducting the Sunday school classes regularly.  His funeral will be held at Bhopal at 3 p.m. on 14th May 2013. Please pray for his soul. We join with his family members and share the grief.

      With prayers,
      Jacob V Joshua, Delhi
      -------------------------------
      The Sunday School Managing Committee of Delhi Diocese of the Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church was convened on Sunday, the 12th May 2013 at St. Peter’s Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, New Delhi to condole the death of Shri K Y Jacob, who has been Headmaster of the Sunday school of St. Thomas Jacobite Syrian Church, Bhopal for the last 35 years.

      Shri K Y Jacob was one of the founding members of the Bhopal Parish and has been instrumental for the spiritual growth of the children of the Church. He was a staunch warrior of the true faith inherited from his forefathers. His unflinching loyalty to the Holy Throne of Antioch and all the East was praiseworthy. According to St. Paul, Shri K Y Jacob has fought the good fight, he has finished the race, he has kept the faith and finally the crown of righteousness is laid up for him, which will be given to him by the Lord, the righteous Judge on that Day. His departure from this temporary world on 11th May 2013 is, however, an irreparable loss to the Church, especially for the Sunday school movement.

      We pray that the blessed soul may rest in peace and find solace in the bosom of Abram, Issac and Jacob.

      We express our deep sorrow and condolence to the bereaved family. May God comfort the bereaved family members on the temporary loss.
      We thank God for his strong faith and love that he implanted in the children. We believe that we will continue the communion of love and prayer with him in the living body of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. We pray to God Almighty that he may rejoice in the eternal chamber of lights together with the Saints.

      Fr. Rogy Mathew
      Director
      Dn. George Kochuvilayil
      Secretary