different than ourselves

  • rev john brian
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013
      different than ourselves

      One of the greatest challenges of our technological age is the problems of
      other-ness that drive isolation even in the most crowded of cities.

      It was also one of the paradoxes of Christianity: that salvation for all came
      from the people separated.

      Jesus Christ challenged the idea of entitlement among the chosen over and over
      again, calling Christians to non-just love of enemies and persecutors.

      The Parable of the Good Samaritan is a principle teaching of Christianity.

      Fr John Brian teaches from this parable the need for all of us to
      reconstruct our judgment of whom should be helped and by whom. We should all be
      good neighbors even as we are considered different. We should all emulate the
      good Samaritan, who was not one of the chosen.

      Lord, give us spiritual strength even as the Samaritan.

      Fr. John Brian continues to encourage us in continuing development of
      Christian spirituality .

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian
      Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, April 14, 2013 by Fr. John-Brian
      Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      Please pray for Fr. John Brian and for our mission and help us as you are able.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2013/05/different-than-ourselves.html