pray without ceasing

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2013
      Pray without ceasing”

      “God does provide for us even when we fail to ask. If then He wants us to be praying, it means that He loves to have fellowship with us! When a child asks the father for something, the father rejoices to hear the child asking. Such is God’s goodness, and much more - beyond words indeed. This awareness gives us joy and faith to pray. God will do much more than we ask, Eph.3: 20. The Lord makes us joyful in prayer, Isa. 56:7. Jesus said, “watch …and pray,” Luke 21:36. In order to be praying, we need to watch: (1) guard against distractions, (2) think of people – also nations, Ps. 2:8 - we should intercede for, (3) be sensitive to events that call us to prayer, (4) abide in the hope of the Lord’s return, (5) be watchful against temptations, and repent of all sin, (6) be ready to share Christ with the unsaved, (7) be filled with the Spirit, Eph. 5:18-20, (8) abide in love towards all.

      Special Help: Remembering a verse from the Bible and praying with it is a great help. When we pray earnestly with God’s Word, the Holy Spirit fills our hearts, John 6:63.”

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.

      "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habit.
      Watch your habits, they become character.
      Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."