Malankara World Journal - Mothers Day Special - Issue 142 (May 10, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 9:31 AM
      The Malankara World Journal - Mothers Day Special - Issue 142 (May 10,
      2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 142*
      Mothers Day

      1. Foreword

      *THIS SUNDAY IN CHURCH*

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (May 12)

      The Sunday before Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_sunday-before-pentecost.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (May 12)

      Sermons for the Sunday Before Pentecost

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_sunday-before-pentecost.htm

      4. Featured: Bread That Satisfies

      To eat the bread of heaven is the same as believing in Jesus. And to
      believe that he has come from heaven as a revelation of the Father. It
      is to accept the way which he has taught. But the people, in spite of
      having seen Jesus, do not believe in him. Jesus is aware of the lack of
      faith and says: "You have seen me and you do not believe". ...

      5. Meditation on John 6:35-40

      How much bigger and better than our deficient thoughts God really is! He
      is a Father of endless mercy who not only intends but desires to welcome
      as many sons and daughters as possible to his banquet. Far from wanting
      to condemn you, he wants to make you become like him and bring you to
      live with him forever. ...

      *MOTHER'S DAY FEATURES*

      6. The Most Important Job in the World

      There are a lot of important jobs in the world today but not one of them
      is more important than the job of being a mother. ...

      7. Job Description: Mother

      Every mother here this morning knows that mothering brings more joy and
      love and fulfillment than seem possible. ...

      8. Murphy's Laws of Parenting

      9. Toward Perfection as Mothers

      God doesn't ask us to be perfect today. Today is when we're supposed to
      be dependent, helpless creatures in need of a Savior. But today is when
      we have the opportunity to grow more like Jesus. In our words. In our
      thoughts. In our actions. The challenge we face as moms is not to be
      perfect today but to walk today in the direction of perfection. ...

      10. My Mother's Example

      While children are charged with not forsaking their parents' teachings,
      we have the higher responsibility. We are to train and raise a
      generation of people who are being ingrained with the concept that
      loving the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, body, and soul is of
      utmost importance. ...

      11. How to Be a Good Mother

      God selected Mary to be the mother of Jesus because He knew that she
      would be a good mother. I believe that she contributed to the good child
      development that we see in v.52. And I believe that a major
      responsibility of the mother is to help her children develop and mature
      in the 4 areas mentioned in this verse. Based on interviews with more
      than 1,000 adults nationwide, a recent George Barna survey discovered
      that less than one out of every five adults believes that children under
      the age of 13 are being "superbly" or even "pretty well" prepared for
      life emotionally, physically, spiritually, & intellectually. ...

      12. Motherhood: Part of God's Plan for the Family

      Motherhood is a great calling and can be a rich blessing if you follow
      the biblical teaching for the family as God has commanded in His Word.
      God has raised the worth of a woman to enable her to be the kind of
      mother that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. ...

      13. Health: FAQs about Hormones

      "A lot of the symptoms we normally associate with aging - muddied
      thinking, weight gain, tiring easily - are actually occurring because of
      diminished hormone production," according to Steven F. Hotze, MD. ...

      14. Recipe: Breakfast Banana Pancakes

      15. Mother's Day Special Recipe: Critchfield Jambalaya

      16. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew