Singapore Church declared as Cathedral - Proud moment to SOCM-Forum

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013
      10 May'13
      News
      His Holiness The Prince Patriarch of Antioch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas declared Singapore St. Mary’s Jacobite Syrian Church as the “Cathedral “on 10th May 2013. The Church name changed to “ St.Mary’s Jacobite Syrian Cathedral Singapore”

      It is a proud moment to SOCM-Forum (SOCMNet). In 2006 October 17, a SOCM Forum member posted following message in SOCM

      All
      I have moved into Singapore and would like to know if we have our
      church here in Singapore.
      Awaiting reply.
      God bless!!!
      Thanks & rgds
      Jeena Manoj

      As a follow up of the discussions in SOCM Forum during October / November 2006, the Jacobite members in Singapore started their own Congregation. The first Holy Qurbono was celebrated by H.G. Thomas Mor Themotheos on 06 August 20007 and around 100 families attended it. Regular service starts at Armenian Church on 9th March 2008, Sunday onwards by then Vicar Rev. Fr. Kuriakose Kadavumbhagam . The new church named after St. Mary.

      An archive of SOCM members grievance, concerns and discussions on this subject is available @

      In our Lord's Love
      SOCM Moderators