Our Daily Bread: Always Preparing

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013
      READ: 2 Timothy 2:19-26

      If anyone cleanses himself from [dishonor], he will be a vessel for honor, . . . prepared for every good work. —2 Timothy 2:21

      While my son was home for an extended visit, he knocked on my office door one morning and asked me what I was doing. “I’m preparing for Sunday
      school,” I told him. Then, thinking about all the time I spend in my
      office, I said, “It seems like I’m always preparing for something.”
      I’m grateful for the opportunities God gives me to reach out to others.
      There’s some stress, though, when you’re always getting something ready
      for somebody. It’s hard to balance priorities with the pressure to
      prepare a lesson, a message, or a document continually on your mind.
      This idea of constant preparation intrigued me, so I checked the Bible to
      see if it talks about the subject. I found that we are called to always
      be preparing. A heart dedicated to God must be prepared to serve Him
      (1 Sam. 7:3). We are to be ready to do good works (2 Tim. 2:21) and to
      defend scriptural truth (1 Peter 3:15). And Paul reminds us that even
      our giving takes planning (2 Cor. 9:5).
      That’s just a start. Living a life that pleases the Lord takes mental,
      spiritual, and physical preparation. But we don’t need to stress,
      because He will enable us with His power. Let’s ask God to guide us as
      we prepare to serve, honor, and tell others about Him. —Dave Branon
      Savior, like a shepherd lead us,
      Much we need Thy tender care;
      In Thy pleasant pastures feed us,
      For our use Thy folds prepare. —Thrupp
      The best preparation for tomorrow is the right use of today.