Malankara World Journal Special Edition: Ascension of Our Lord; Evangelization - Issue 141

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Special Edition: Ascension of Our Lord;
      Evangelization - Issue 141 (May 8, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 141*
      Special Edition: Ascension of Our Lord; Evangelization

      1. Foreword

      2. Bible Readings for Ascension (May 9)

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_ascension-Thursday.htm

      3. Sermons for Ascension (May 9)

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_Ascension.htm

      4. Jesus' Ascension Gives a Foretaste of Life in Heaven

      Using the words of St. Bernard of Clairvaux, the pope explained that the
      event took place in three stages: first was the glory of the
      Resurrection, then the power to judge and finally his Ascension to sit
      at the right hand of the Father. ...

      5. Featured: Opening Our Minds to the Ascension

      The commemoration of the Ascension passes us by in this country. In
      places where the Eastern Church is prevalent it's an important feast
      day, up there in importance with Christmas and Pentecost. In many
      places, it's a work holiday. Always falling on a Thursday, the word
      "Ascension" passes through lips casually, but it is doubtful that those
      who speak it contemplate its meaning. ...

      6. Our Turn To Evangelize

      Now it is our turn. As it always has been, being an apostle today is
      difficult. As we get older, it gets harder. Nevertheless, it is our
      turn. We live at a crossroads of history. ..

      7. The Ascension of the Lord

      Jesus, being God, took Himself by His own power up to heaven. And He
      took our humanity with Him so that, united to the Second Person of the
      Most Holy Trinity, our human nature is already present in heaven in
      Jesus Christ. ...

      8. What to Preach and Where to Reach

      Forty days after Easter. During those forty days, the risen Christ
      appeared to his disciples a number of times, speaking, as it says, about
      the kingdom of God. Christ was preparing his apostles for what he would
      be sending them out to do after he ascended. He had a mission for them
      to carry out. This is the church's mission still to this day. And Jesus
      gives us everything we need to carry out this mission. What Jesus did to
      prepare and empower the apostles he does now for us. ...

      9. You Are Christ's Ambassador

      You have a destiny to fulfill, something greater than you've ever even
      imagined. Embrace His truth, embrace His love, and embrace the blessings
      He has in store for your future! ...

      10. Telling Your Story in Evangelism

      The task of evangelism often includes telling our individual story along
      with the larger gospel story. Weaving the two together makes for a
      powerful articulation of God's gracious work through all times and his
      specific salvific work in an individual heart - namely, yours. ...

      11. Prayer Request for Our Abdicated Bishops and Priests

      12. Chain Prayer Requested for The Safe Release of the Bishops by Samajam

      13. Recipe: Shila's Perfect Muffin Recipe

      14. Family Special: Sharing The Goodness of God

      Make a point of frequently encouraging each other by reciting the great
      deeds of God, reflecting back on those spiritual milestones that prove
      His long-term faithfulness. ...

      15. About Malankara World
      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew