MEANING OF MALAYALAM FUNERAL SONGS 35

  • UT George
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013
      DEAR FRIENDS,

      WE WILL NOW STUDY ABOUT THE LAST BUT ONE SONG OF THE 3RD PART OF FUNERAL SUSROOSHA OF MEN.THE LINE STARTS WITH-- NUKARUNNONU KODUM KAIPANU --

      THE BOOK OF JOB CHAPTER 14.21, SAYS HIS SONS COME TO HONOR AND HE KNOWS IT NOT; THEY ARE BROUGHT LOW,AND HE (THE DEAD PERSON) PERCEIVES  IT NOT

      That is after death we do not know or  concern about the material  future of our kith and kin, whether they are honored or brought low. At the same time the dead person is concerned about their own soul and decaying body.

      JOB 14.22 - BUT HIS BODY ( LAMENTING ITS DECAY IN THE GRAVE) SHALL GRIEVE OVER HIM,AND HIS SOUL SHALL MOURN ( OVER THE BODY OF CLAY WHICH IT ONCE ENLIVENED)

      JOB 21.21 SAYS "WHAT PLEASURE OR INTEREST HAS A MAN IN HIS HOUSE AND FAMILY AFTER HE IS DEAD". ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL INTEREST. THE WELL KNOWN EVANGELIST JOHN BUNYAN SAID  EVEN SAINTS ARE NOT  INTERESTED TO RETURN TO THEIR HOMES.OUR LORD SAYS IN LUKE 16,THE DEAD RICH MAN  IS WORRIED ABOUT THE UNREPENTANT LIFE OF HIS BROTHERS AND NOT ANYTHING ABOUT THE HOME.

      AGAIN JOB 21.23&25 SAYS SOME DIES IN EASE AND QUIET WHERE AS ANOTHER MAN DIES IN BITTERNESS OF SOUL.WHICH IS OUR WAY? which way you select brother ?MOSES SAID LIFE AND DEATH IS BEFORE US.WE ALL MAY CLING TO REAL LIFE THAT IS JESUS ALONE.

      The body and soul, life partners till death , mourn over the separation with running eyes, the song says.

      1 NUKARUNNONU KADUM KAIPA--NEE MARANA KKA--SAA

        VARI JAVAM POKAA MUDAYON--NINNEYARAYU--

        NNENNALMOVO--DA DOOTHAN CHOLLUM

        NERAM--PARAM--GHORAM KHEDAKARAM

        KANNER KAVILILOZHIKKODA--LMAVOTHUNNU

        SANTHI YODUDHANATHOLAM--THANUVE NIVASIKKA

      This first and next stanzas are farewell kissing messages between the soul and body of the dead persons.What will be our last thought at our death bed?.

      The book of ACTS 11.18 says about a word "GEEVA PRAPTHI KYAYU MANASANDHARAM"

      The Amplified bible explain this word as "God has granted to the Gentiles (we) repentance unto(real)life (life after resurrection). That means a person's real life starts after resurrection. The life span here is only a probation period.

      Human life span is mentioned in years in Genesis 6, months in JOB14.5,in days in NT LUKE 12.20, tonight He will ask your life.

      Our body and soul --life partners from birth to death--depart at the death. It is a sorrowful departure and in all the songs the soul is saying goodby to the body.

      In this song the soul is telling that a time or moment will come in each of our life --the moment that our soul say to our body that the Master has send a 'Dhoothan',  angel to talk to our soul to immediately ( JAVAM) return to HIM.The moment is noted as the minute of our "consuming the the death bowl" .The BITTER BOWL waiting in  the future days of our life.Then the soul weeping with running eyes will said a farewell to the body  saying it to wait in the soil till the day of  resurrection.

      THANUVE  NIVASIKKA---THE HUMAN PART OF OUR BODY WHICH GIVE US THE HAPPINESS OF THIS WORLD, OUR CHILDREN AND FAMILY,-----YOU WAIT HERE!.

      2  NJAN VIDESIKANENNEVAM--CHONNEEDUNNENNALMUM
        AL VEETTUDAYON VITTATHINAL-NILPAN THARAMILLA
        PRESHITHANENNODEVAM BHASHICHU
         ALAYAVASAM --KAIVEDIYUKA VARIKA
       KARTHAVARULIYA NALVAREYUM--NJAN MEVIYATHA--KUM
       MOHANA NASWARA MANDIRAME!--VAZHKASUBHAM ME--YYE

      The soul at the departing time tells the body that though we are living together,  I am living inside you as a foreigner( living in another country). The soul also says I have a Master who determines my stay inside the body, my journey as well as my future life after I return from you.The Master now calls me back. I am going,I cannot wait anymore.

      MOHANA NASWARA MANDIRAM----- 'O' BEAUTIFUL  PERISHABLE  HOME--that is human body. The soul says you wait until the trumpet call.

      3  DAIVASUTHA! VAZHI
      YATHRAYILEN--PADHEYAM NEEYAM
         JAGATHEE POSHAKANE! PASIYIL--NEEYENNE PPOTTEE
        NJANERIYARUTHE--NIN THANU RUDHIRANGAL
        EN THANUVEENNUM--VASANA VEESUMBOL
        MAMODEESAYENIKKORTHAL--MUNGATHORU NOW--KA
        NADHA NIN KRIPA KANANAME--NJANUDHANA--THIL

      The dying person is counting his plus points or merits to plead with our LORD for a safe journey as well as safe landing in Heaven avoiding the Hell.

      The dying person points to his baptism ceremony as a safe NOWKA or ship---of course correct ,if we keep the covenant we took at  the time of the baptism .The covenant was 'I willfully throw away Satan and his ways and accept MESSIAH THAMBURANE (JESUS CHRIST) and his commands'. If you have a victorious life or at least repentant heart as --David had ,you are worthy to God. If you are  not repeating sins--then the prayer is legitimate.A willful sinner has no place in Gods Kingdom.

      The second point the dying person tells  is, he has the fragrance of the holy BODY AND BLOOD OF JESUS (HOLY QURBANA). Do people smelt Christ in you ,your words and deeds?. If so, that prayer will definitely be answered.

      The book of Jonah 1.2 (L.Bible)says The wickedness of Nineveh smells in the highest Heaven.That means our wickedness which pleases us and  friends in this world produce a pathetic smell in heaven.Our God then send his prophets with  strong convincing call for repentance.This call is the Gospel.

      By reading Joshua 8.1,Job 24.12 our loving God ask us not to be dismayed when a  sinner is trapped in his own disobedience. Father Abraham was not compassionate or dismayed when he saw the hell fire consuming the rich man who was willingly  disobeying Gods commands in his life. Nobody in the Heavenly happiness will be dismayed by the painful cry from Hell. But if we cry in this world the case is different. Jesus could never surpass Bartholomeus in his cry as well as Father God answered the cry of old Israel. what is true Christianity? IT IS TO HOLD ON THE  PLOUGH (Kalappa) WHILE WIPING OUR TEARS WITH THE SAME HAND. The sorrows which help our entry in Heaven will be retained by love.

      VAZHIYATHRAYIL PADHEYAM-----You are my "vazhichoru" or vazhichilavinulla vaka. The Lord is all our strength in this life and life after.

      4  VERPADINVELAYILALMAM--MEYYODURACHE--YYU
         MMENTHUPAKARA MENIKKEKUM--DHANA SAMBHADYANGAL
        VIDHI NILAYATHIL--CHODIKKUM SUKRUTHAM
        CHEYTHENNAKIL--PHALAMULAVAYENE
      VASASTHALAVUM DHANAVUM NJA--NUDAMASTHARKKE KEE
        BHEEKARA SIMHASANA SAVIDHAM--POKUNNENEN--TE
        HALLELUIAH--CHEYTHIKALARIYIPPAN

      This stanza is again similar to the  first two stanzas,the departing soul is revealing certain truths which the soul experienced while in that body.

      Dear DEAD BODY, you were grabbing your valued time for creating wealth forgetting me (the soul). The wealth you piled up is a loss for me. Before the judgment seat of Christ I cannot face the judge. Dear' Body" suppose you could  have obeyed HIS rule and refrain from sins and loving your family ,serving God  it would have produced fruits of the spirit.The fruits of the spirits are -LOVE,JOY,PEACE,PATIENCE,KINDNESS,GOODNESS,FAITHFULNESS AND SELF CONTROL.

      THEN THE DEPARTING SOUL GIVE UP THE WEALTH&PLEASURES OF WEALTH TO THE BODY AND LEAVE THE EARTHLY ABODE.

      The soul is departing to tell all the truth, how it was humiliated while in the body by drinking,dancing,fornication blue films etc. How much it starved without food, that is word of God?. These are the pains the soul experienced while living in the body.

      Dear brothers and sisters, are you ready to pay the price for keeping your soul spiritually alive?. Then run away from SINS OF BODY ,HEART.
      Love Gospel,Love BIBLE,Love FAMILY, Love CHURCH, .

      Above all LOVE CHRIST. Then you will lead a saintly life. That is the peaceful life .

      Our forefathers who compose the song are GREAT men .We will follow their foot steps.

      U T GEORGE