Message from His Eminence Mor Yacoub Eduardo

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 12:37 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 10 KB
    Message from His Eminence Mor Yacoub Eduardo, Archbishop of the Central America to His Holiness

    Message from His Eminence Mor Yacoub Eduardo, Archbishop of the Central America

    His Holiness Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas and to all the Members of the Holy Synod of Antioch.

    Your Holiness and Beloved Brothers in Christ:

    Barekmor!

    In this week in which is being commemorated the suffering and death of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, our Holy Church is particularly united to His passion, because of the abduction of Their Eminences, our Archbishop of Aleppo and the Greek Archbishop.

    Following the letter from His Holiness, last Saturday and Sunday, at all our churches we have been praying at all Liturgies for our Beloved Archbishops of Aleppo.

    We are sure that even if we are deeply saddened for such situation, the Lord is giving them the strength and the serenity to endure all the challenges that they are facing. We know also that their sufferings and all the prayers that we all are presenting to Our Lord Jesus Christ will be united to those of His whole Body, to help bring peace and reconciliation to Syria and to all who are suffering in the Middle East and in other regions of the world.

    We feel deeply united in prayers and love to Your Holiness and to each one of you, our beloved brothers in Christ.

    May we "rejoice in the sufferings that are for the sake of the flock, and through which we fill up the want of sufferings of The Messiah in our flesh, for the sake of his body which is the Church" (Col 1:24)

    United in prayer and love.

    Asking your prayers and blessings

    Mor Yaqub Eduardo

    Archbishop of Central America.