His Holiness Karekin II Sent a Message of Support to His Holiness Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 3:35 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 44 KB
    His Holiness Karekin II Sent a Message of Support to His Holiness Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch.

    Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Information Services 26 April, 2013

    On April 26, His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos
    of All Armenians, sent a letter to His Holiness Mor Ignatius Zakka I
    Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, Head of the Syrian Orthodox Church, expressing his concerns on the occasion of abduction of His Eminence Metropolitan John Ibrahim and Metropolitan Paul Yazigi, two Bishops of the Orthodox Church who were kidnapped during their
    philanthropic mission near Aleppo.

    In his letter Vehapar specifically states: "We strongly condemn the kidnapping of these clergymen. The heightening of inter-religious tensions and rise of religious intolerance do not promote stabilization of the situation in the region. We are hopeful that the religious dignitaries will be released safe and sound".

    His Holiness expressed his support to the Patriarch of Antioch and was hopeful that the conflicts and casualties in Syria would soon come to an end, reflecting that the nation has always had a tradition of dialogue between civilizations and religions.

    For more news updates from SOCMNet, please visit us @
    https://www.facebook.com/SOCMNet