Our Daily Bread:

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2013
      READ: Genesis 2:1-7

      The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his
      nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. —Genesis 2:7

      When God chose dust as His artistic medium to create Adam (Gen. 2:7), He
      didn’t have to worry about running out of material. According to Hannah
      Holmes, author of The Secret Life of Dust, “Between 1 and 3
      billion tons of desert dust fly up into the sky annually. One billion
      tons would fill 14 million boxcars in a train that would wrap six times
      around the Earth’s equator.”
      No one has to buy dust, for we all have more than we want. I ignore it as
      long as I can in my house. My reasoning is this: If I don’t disturb it,
      it’s not as noticeable. But eventually it accumulates to the point that I can no longer pretend it’s not there. So I haul out my cleaning
      supplies and start removing it from wherever it has found a resting
      place.
      As I remove the dust, I see myself reflected in the smooth surface. Then I see another thing: I see that God took something worthless, dust, and
      made it into something priceless—you and me and every other person (Gen. 2:7).
      The fact that God used dust to create humans makes me think twice about
      labeling someone or something worthless. Perhaps the very thing that I
      want to get rid of—a person or problem that annoys me—is the artistic
      medium God has given to display His glory. —Julie Ackerman Link
      Lord, too often I want to quickly ignore
      or dismiss difficult people and circumstances.
      Help me to be open to learn from
      You through them and to see Your glory.
      Being all fashioned of the self-same dust, let us be merciful as well as just. —Longfellow