Apostolic Message

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2013
    IGNATIUS PATRIARCH OF THE HOLY SEE OF ANTIOCH AND ALL THE EAST
    SUPREME HEAD OF THE UNIVERSAL SYRIAC ORTHODOX CHURCH
    ZAKKA 1ST, IWAS

    We offer apostolic benediction and benevolent prayers to our brethren, His Beatitude Mor Baselius Thomas I, Catholicos of India, and Their Eminences the Metropolitans, our spiritual children the Patriarchal Vicars, monks, priests, nuns, deacons and virtuous deaconesses, and our blessed Syriac Orthodox People worldwide. May the divine providence embrace them through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and St. Peter the head of the Apostles, and the rest of the saints and martyrs. Amen.

    After asking for your well being, we say:

    With great pain and sorrow we received the news of the kidnapping of
    our esteemed brothers their eminences Mor Gregorios Youhanna Ibrahim,
    Archbishop of Aleppo and environs, and Boulos Yazigi, Metropolitan of
    Aleppo and Alexandretta for the Greek Orthodox Church in the evening of Monday the 22nd of April 2013. We prayed to the Lord God to elevate their ordeal and keep away from them all suffering and danger.

    We immediately started our meetings with their eminences the bishops and personnel in charge with dealings with patriarchates, church councils, politicians, diplomats, international humanitarian organizations, and every one with good intentions in order to cooperate together seeking freedom for the two kidnapped Metropolitans.

    In the face of this painful event we do not find better than fasting and prayer to the Lord God to lift up their tribulation and bring them back safe and sound to their Archdioceses. We made certain to write to you specially during the fasting season to let our prayers and fasting go together in all of our Syriac Orthodox Churches on their behalf and for peace and safety in our beloved homeland. We command that prayers and Mass services on Saturday April 27, 2013 which is the day of raising of Lazarus from the dead, be designated for their sake. May the Lord accept your fasting and prayers. He is the Hearer and Responder. Amen.

    This is our relay to you. May God's grace be with you.

    OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN ...
  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2014
      03 Jun'14
      Apostolic Message to the FaceBook Page of His Holiness (https://www.facebook.com/HisHolinessPatriarchMoranMorIgnatiusAphrem2nd) which is maintained by SOCM Forum

      “Dear Spiritual Children,

      May the grace and peace of the Lord be with you, I wish to express my gratitude to all of you for establishing and maintaining this Facebook page, dedicated to our election. You have made it possible for thousands of our people and others to follow our election to the patriarchal office and the events that followed leading up to our official enthronement on the Holy Throne of St. Peter the Apostle.

      Through this page, you have strengthened the relationship of our young people with their spiritual mother, the Holy Church. Thus you have set an example for our young people to follow by taking the initiative and offering your services to your community.

      Please know that we greatly appreciate your efforts. We ask the Lord God to bless you all and keep you in His Divine Care.

      Ignatius Aphrem II.”

      Messages was sent to the inbox by Metropolitan Mor Dyonissios John Kawak