Gregory Palamas

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      Our passionate life must be offered to God, living and active, so that it may be
      a living sacrifice. The apostle even said the same of the body: “I exhort you,”
      he says, in fact, “by the mercy of God, to offer your body as a living
      sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God” (Rom 12:1). How can our living body be
      offered as a sacrifice pleasing to God? When our glance is meek… when we draw
      down and pass to others the mercy from on high, when our ears are attentive to
      the divine teaching, not only to understand, but, as David says, “to remember
      God’s commandments in order to carry them out” (Ps 102:18)… when our tongue, our
      hands and our feet, all serve the divine will.

      Gregory Palamas, The Triads
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/3018503/gregory-palamas-the-triads