Our Daily Bread: One by One

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2013
      READ: Acts 8:26-35

      Philip . . . preached Jesus to him. —Acts 8:35

      Edward Payson was a famous preacher in a bygone era. One stormy Sunday, he had only one person in his audience. Some months later, his lone attendee
      called on him: “I was led to the Savior through that service,” he said.
      “For whenever you talked about sin and salvation, I glanced around to
      see to whom you referred, but since there was no one there but me, I had no alternative but to lay every word to my own heart and conscience!”
      God saves us one by one. If you have access to one, that is your mission
      field. “Every soul with Christ is a missionary; every soul without
      Christ is a mission field,” the slogan goes. One person cannot reach the entire world, but we can love our neighbor. “Who is my neighbor?” we
      ask. The next person we meet along the way.
      The Spirit brought Philip to the Ethiopian eunuch who was reading the
      Scriptures and needed someone to explain them to him (Acts 8:26-35). The Spirit gave Philip the right words to say, and the eunuch confessed his faith in Christ (v.37).
      Ask God to bring you to the one He has prepared. He’ll get you to the right place at the right time to speak to that individual. He will speak
      through your lips, work through your hands, and fulfill in you the great purpose of His will. —David Roper
      Father, we’ve been called to witness—
      Called to speak of Your dear Son;
      Holy Spirit, grant discernment;
      Lead us to some seeking one. —D. DeHaan
      You are a success in God’s kingdom if you are faithful where He has placed you.