Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Pampady Thirumeni

  • Fr. John Kunjukunju
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2002
      Dear Reji,
      What to do? I am in between the deep see and the devil. I am deeply upset by reading the distorted history of the Church. Not one word about our relationship with Antioch! Would Pampadi thirumeni appreciate this trend?
      I doubt how far we would be able to accommodate with this unbridled craze for independence.
      On the other side, how can and how far we would adjust with the reckless and unjust way of administration?
      Should I quit or not is the question now before me, can you help? , Love, Johnachan.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2002

        Dear SOCM members,

         Visit a link related to the Faith & Traditions of our Holy Church

               http://www.stignatious.com/salvation.htm

            (publihed by St.Ignatious Church, Texas - Church link http://www.stignatious.com/ )

        "What Shall I Do To Be Saved?"

        Malankara Malpan Very.Rev. Dr. Curian Kaniyamparambil Corepiscopa

        &  Translated By Mr. Paul Philipose

        John Philip K

        Download exciting Logos, Picture Messages & Ringtones for your mobile phonenew
      • daniel_reji
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
          Dear Johnachan

          "History" always distorted by the so-called historians. Everyone
          makes history books according to their need and their wish. We can't
          do anything for that. If anyone wants to know about the true history,
          they must read all sort of distorted history book and select what
          they think good for their stance. And do not expect true history from
          anyone.

          Now regarding Pampadi Thirumeni appreciate this trend, no sure by all
          means NO, he will not appreciate it. But what his soul can do, he and
          many other saintly fathers of Malankara Church become the toys of
          some so-called faith guardians.

          The tears of these Saintly fathers, should not poured on us or on our
          coming generation, then we and they are lucky.

          Hope they will not cures us.

          Now regarding the Independence craze, it is not going to reach an end. Now Catholicose groups want Independent Indian Church. You already know that the Independence cry started in USA. Many of USA members of so called Independent Church started to ask, “Why we have to be controlled by Devalokam?” If some one from North India started asking same, then the present Catholicose Group leaders can’t deny it. If this trend is going to keep alive, very soon in Malankara, you will see many Independent Church. It’s going to be a chain reaction. It is not their mistake; it is their faith (at least for time being). In the courtrooms and forums they may claim they are OO, but mostly their leadership and theologians are favoring Bethsyine Orthodox (EO) traditions. It’s reflected even in their official Church Web Pages

          Thomas Daniel

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Fr. John Kunjukunju" <fatherjohnkk@h...>
          wrote:
          > Dear Reji,
          > What to do? I am in between the deep see and the devil. I am deeply
          upset by reading the distorted history of the Church. Not one word
          about our relationship with Antioch! Would Pampadi thirumeni
          appreciate this trend?
        • thomas_pa1
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2002
            > Now regarding the Independence craze, it is not going to reach an
            end. Now Catholicose groups want Independent Indian Church. You
            already know that the Independence cry started in USA. Many of USA
            members of so called Independent Church started to ask, "Why we have
            to be controlled by Devalokam?" If some one from North India started
            asking same, then the present Catholicose Group leaders can't deny it.
            > Thomas Daniel

            Malankara churches throughout the world are under the Malankara
            Holy Synod and there is no independence movement. They are all
            going to participate in the upcoming Malankara Associaton.
            What is the status of Knanaya church, Malankara archdiocese of
            America and Canada etc.? In my understanding they are now seperated
            (Independent) of Malankara. This is also one form of independence.
            This kind of independence (removing Malankara dependency) will not
            help the younger generation much. We need to teach young people that
            we are Indians with a distict civilization. It is because of this
            civilization that we follow the same life style in family life like
            people of other religions in India. Thus the value system is based
            on Indian civilization. For this reason alone, Malankara Orthodox
            parents in America want to teach Indian traditions to young people.
            All most all parishes are planning to participate in the upcoming
            association. Is Bava forcing parishes to particpate. No, it is the
            parish general body deciding whether to participate of not. Let us
            work for unity in our church and maintain our distinct identity as
            ancient christians of India.

            -T