BREAKING NEWS, UPDATE - Kidnapping of Bishops

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      BREAKING NEWS, UPDATE -- We just received word from our contacts in Syria who have been in touch with the kidnappers. They confirmed what we reported yesterday in our press release (see link below): they ask no ransom (yet), only the release of other rebel fighters & today before the evening the 2 Bishops may hopefully return safe and well to their patriarchates!

      Please everyone, rest assured that the WCA is on top of this case and is in touch with senior people in Syria, high-ranking UN and EU officials as well as foreign affairs ministers from a number of countries. All of them are doing everything they can to push for the WCA's demands to free our Bishops. Let's all stay calm during these difficult hours and have faith and hope that our church leaders will return home today sound and well!

      source;
      http://www.wca-ngo.org/humanrightsfiles/the-syria-crises/417-two-archbishops-kidnapped-in-syria