An Official Statement from Syrian Orthodox Archdiocese of Aleppo.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      An Official Statement from Syrian Orthodox Archdiocese of Aleppo.
      23 April'13

      Dear Friends in the world.

      I am sorry to inform you that Bishop Yohanna Ibrahim of the Syrian Orthodox Archdiocese of Aleppo was kidnapped this afternoon on his way back to Aleppo from the Turkish borders. He went there to bring back with him Bishop Boulos Yazaji of the Greek Orthodox of Aleppo. The news which we have recieved is that an armed group from (Chichan) stopped the car and kidnapped the two bishops while the driver was killed. We are working and doing our best for the release of the two Bishops and return safely. So far we are unable to connect with them or with their kidnappers.

      Please circulate this message as wider as you can. We need pressures of all churches in the world and embassies around the world for their release. The Bishop was doing a humanitarian mission to release two priests who were kidnapped months ago.
      Please do your best in this critical issue and also we need the prayers of all faithful around the world for their safety.

      Yours in Christ
      Razek Siriani
      Ecumenical Relations & Relief Officer
      Syrian Orthodox Archdiocese of Aleppo