Re: Are we fanatics??? - Aley John, S. Dakota

  • George Abraham
    Message 1 of 1502 , May 31, 2003
      Dear Aley John,

      My Hearty congrats Aley for your BRILLIANT analysis of our psyche
      and the ground realities while responding to Abin George Kuriakose.
      I should say "FINALLY YOU SAID IT!!" the true feelings of the
      majority of the ordinary MALANKARA SABHA MAKKAL who are otherwise
      unable or incapable to express their true feelings.

      The practical considerations you said about the marriage situation
      is very true. I was today making an analysis of the Matrimonial
      columns of Gulf News of last Friday published from Dubai.Out of
      about 40 advts. from Orthodox/Jacobite parents, 37 have specified
      Jacobite/Orthodox/Marthomite/CSI as the choice.Very recently I have
      come across one Jacobite Achan's daughter getting married to a
      Marthomite boy(arranged marriage).Knowing well the harassment the
      parents of marriagable age girls are subjected to in the
      marriage "business"/market of our community, I will never blame the
      Achan.

      This clearly shows that even the formation of Marthoma church is not
      accepted by the common laity by and large. The common laity are very
      wise, they are very silent, but they know very well that most of the
      divisions are manipulated by few individuals for power and position
      only, though they camouflage their actions in the name of FAITH!!!

      I consider an young man like Abin marrying without taking dowry will
      be considered as a much more noble act in front of God than
      declaring that "I will marry a Jacobite girl only, subject to
      meeting OTHER conditions"!!

      George Abraham, UAE
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004