Our Daily Bread: Make up for Lost Time

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2013
      READ: Joel 2:21-27

      I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten. —Joel 2:25

      None of us can say that we have no regrets. Often we are led down paths of
      bad choices—some paths longer than others—which can have a lingering
      effect on the mind, body, and soul.
      A friend of mine spent a number of years living a life of alcohol and
      drug abuse. But God did an amazing work in his life, and he recently
      celebrated 25 years of being free from substance abuse. He now runs a
      successful business, has a devoted wife, and his children love Jesus. He has a passion to reach out to others who are in the ditch of life, and
      he serves as a wise and loving mentor in the rescue operations of their
      lives.
      God never gives up on us! Even if we’ve made poor choices in the past that
      have left us with regret, we can choose how we will live now. We can
      choose to continue destructive living, simply wallow in regret, or we
      can run to Christ believing that He has ways to “restore . . . the years that the swarming locust has eaten” (Joel 2:25). When we repentantly
      seek His healing and freeing power, He is merciful.
      While some consequences from the past may remain, we can be confident that
      God has a good and glorious future for those who trust in Him! —Joe
      Stowell
      Lord, it is with humble and grateful hearts that we
      come to You and lay all that we have been in the past
      at Your feet. Take us as we are and make something
      beautiful out of our lives that brings glory to You!
      God never gives up on making something beautiful out of our lives.