Our Daily Bread: Keep It Simple

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013
      READ: 2 Corinthians 1:12-14

      We are not writing any other things to you than what you [can] read or understand. —2 Corinthians 1:13

      James Madison, fourth president of the United States, was instrumental in the drafting of the US constitution. He warned against creating laws “so
      voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot
      be understood.” Based on some of the complicated government forms I’ve
      read, that’s advice that still needs to be heeded a little more often!
      Sometimes when sharing the gospel, we make it more complicated than it needs to
      be. We can be glad that the Bible presents the good news of salvation in clear, easily understood language. Jesus said to Nicodemus, an educated Pharisee, that “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten
      Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). He later said, “I am the way, the truth, and the
      life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (14:6). The apostle
      Paul said it in straightforward language to the jailor in Philippi who
      asked how to be saved: “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will
      be saved” (Acts 16:31).
      God’s precious love story is simple. He sent His Son to rescue us from sin
      and death. Wonderful news that even children can understand. —Dave Egner
      Tell me the story of Jesus,
      Write on my heart every word;
      Tell me the story most precious,
      Sweetest that ever was heard. —Crosby
      Through faith in Christ, we receive God’s pardon and escape sin’s penalty.