Malankara World Journal Issue 138 Theme: Reinstallation of Peter (Apr 18, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 4:21 PM
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 138 Theme: Reinstallation of Peter
      (Apr 18, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 138*
      Theme: Reinstallation of Peter: Do You Love Me?

      1. Foreword

      The Lord's words apply to us also: Do we love him "more than these"? Do
      we love him more than we love other persons, than we love our profession
      and lifestyle? Do we in any way distinguish ourselves from other people
      by our love for Christ?..

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Apr 21)

      Second Sunday after New Sunday

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_2nd-sunday-after-new-sunday.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Apr 21)

      Sermons for Second Sunday after New Sunday

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_2nd-sunday-after-new-sunday.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today: Big Things Coming Your Way!

      The God we serve is not a small God. His plan for your life is not for
      you to reach one level, get stuck and stay there for 30 or 40 years. His
      plan is to increase you, open new doors before you, and take you places
      that you've never imagined. ...

      5. Do you love me? Gospel Commentary on John 21:1-19

      There is an enormous amount of brokenness and sin in our world today. We
      see it in societies where poverty, hatred, war and genocide still
      abound. It is evident in homes where genuine care, loving sacrifice and
      dedicated family time often are absent. We also see it in individual
      lives where selfishness, despair, resentment and anger reign. ...

      6. Featured: Have The Courage to Return to God. His Mercy Has No Limits

      Let us be enveloped by the mercy of God; let us trust in his patience,
      which always gives us more time. Let us find the courage to return to
      his house, to dwell in his loving wounds, allowing ourselves be loved by
      him and to encounter his mercy in the sacraments. We will feel his
      tenderness, so beautiful, we will feel his embrace, and we too will
      become more capable of mercy, patience, forgiveness and love. ...

      7. Why God Allows Good Men to Fall

      Peter still speaks to us today. "If you think you've fallen short, if
      you feel like you've denied him, look at what happened to me." Do not
      despair. God still loves you, and He loves you so much that it doesn't
      matter what you've done. If God can forgive Peter, he can forgive
      anybody. He loves you, He always has, and He always will. ...

      8. Second Chances

      It's not every day that you get a second chance. Peter must have known
      that. The next time he saw Jesus, he got so excited that he barely got
      his britches on before he jumped into the cold water of the Sea of
      Galilee. It was also enough, so they say, to cause this backwoods
      Galilean to carry the gospel of the second chance all the way to Rome
      where they killed him. ...

      9. Have You Felt the Pain Inflicted by the Lord?

      Our Lord never asks questions until the perfect time. Rarely, but
      probably once in each of our lives, He will back us into a corner where
      He will hurt us with His piercing questions. Then we will realize that
      we do love Him far more deeply than our words can ever say. ...

      10. God's Commission to Us

      If I love my Lord, I have no business being guided by natural emotions -
      I have to feed His sheep. We will not be delivered or released from His
      commission to us. Beware of counterfeiting the love of God by following
      your own natural human emotions, sympathies, or understandings. That
      will only serve to revile and abuse the true love of God. ...

      11. Important to Repeat

      In order to survive and thrive, we all need to hear someone say to us,
      "I love you." And it needs to happen more than once a year. For some of
      us who have weathered the hurts of broken relationships, saying, "I love
      you," for the first time again is one of the most frightening things we
      will ever do....

      12. The Piercing Question

      Unless we are experiencing the hurt of facing every deception about
      ourselves, we have hindered the work of the Word of God in our lives.
      The Word of God inflicts hurt on us more than sin ever could, because
      sin dulls our senses....

      13. Health: Exercises for Seniors

      It's important for seniors to keep moving and learning, that's what
      helps improve balance and coordination, and even helps build new neural
      pathways. ...

      14. Recipe: Spicy Mexican Minestrone Stew

      15. Family: Honor with Love

      The subject of roles within a marriage can be a topic for strong debate.
      However, God has a clear design for us to follow. There are specific
      roles for a husband and a wife. ...

      16. How to Change the World

      When we talk about change, here's a good starting point: This is an
      inscription on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in Westminster Abbey. ...

      17. About Malankara World
      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew