Malankara World Journal Issue 136 (Apr 4, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 136 (Apr 4, 2013) is available online at:

      Issue No: 136 - New Sunday

      1. Foreword

      The resurrection of Christ is a pledge of our own resurrection. It is
      the foundation upon which our faith rests. It is the guarantee of our
      redemption and God's assurance that our sins are forgiven and that we
      are called to eternal life. ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Apr 7)

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Apr 7)

      4. Featured: Jesus Abolished Death - May be The Best Verse in The Bible

      Why do we owe so much to Jesus? Why has eternity changed for us? Why do
      we go forward with our heads held high, undaunted by the unknown?
      Because Jesus Christ abolished death and brought to light life and
      immortality. ...

      5. Who Will Roll Away The Stone? - When We Face Troubles in Life

      Followers of Jesus often face what seem to them insurmountable
      problems...challenges for which there seem to be no apparent solutions.
      They will nevertheless do what is right, what they can do, even if there
      is a part of the puzzle they do not have or cannot conceive. Trust in
      their God drives them on. With God, there has always been a way through
      in the past, so why not trust Him now? ...

      6. The Resurrection Appearances Chronologically Arranged

      When we encounter the resurrection accounts in the New Testament we face
      a challenge in putting all the pieces together in a way that the
      sequence of the events flow in logical order. This is due to the fact
      that no one Gospel presents all, or even most of the data. Some of the
      data also seems to conflict. ...

      7. Lord, Should We Fight?

      An old hymn reminds us that sometimes we must "learn to lose with God."
      In losing our power, our significance, our place in the lights, our fame
      and fortune and all that we hold dear, especially our reputation in the
      world, in giving all that up, our losing with God wins for us a blessing
      the world can't match and does not understand. ...

      8. Are You Thirsty?

      Human beings are thirsty, but not for water. The thirst we long to
      quench is deeper, arising from the parched places of the soul, the
      cracked earth of our barren hearts. We feel disoriented and dissatisfied
      with life. Lost and confused, we crave something more, though we know
      not what. ...

      9. Building Bridges

      Choose today to create one of the most significant bridges you'll ever
      build: to destroy your enemies by making them your friends. It changes
      countries, businesses, communities and families. And my friends, it's
      certain to change you. ...

      10. Health: 10 Tips for Digestion

      Good digestion is an essential component of health and vitality. Many
      digestive complaints and symptoms appear even in apparently healthy
      people. They frequently go undiagnosed because these complaints are not
      "serious". Symptoms such as gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation,
      belching, flatulence, food sensitivities, indigestion, mal-absorption,
      irritable bowel syndrome, and the list goes on, are so common that they
      are seen as normal. ..

      11. Recipe: Chicken Portobello

      This chicken and mushroom combo makes for a nice dinner entree,
      especially when served with some oven roasted herb potatoes. Try adding
      some of your favorite spices.

      12. Family Special - Honoring Your Parents: What Honor Is and Isn't

      Honor is the third significant word that impacts our families in
      multi-generational ways. But people always wonder about the lines and
      limits of honor. Let's look briefly at what honor is and isn't. ...

      13. Career Special: Watch Out - It Could Come Back to Haunt You

      Fresh out of technical school, I went in search of a job. I held a
      folder with copies of a barren resume in my hand. My work experience
      included: shoveling gravel, cutting brush at the side of roads and
      mowing grass in the medium between highways. It wasn't impressive for a
      young man with a degree in electronic technology. ...

      14. Be Happy Zone

      I would like to know what you think people need to be happy for the long
      and the short term. How can we increase our happiness and what makes us
      happy. I guess I need to know what makes someone unhappy, and what
      recommendations you give to people to help them with their
      "unhappiness," as such? ...

      15. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew