Malankara World Journal Issue 135 - Easter Special - (Mar 29, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 6:08 PM
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 135 - Easter Special - (Mar 29, 2013)
      is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 135*
      Easter (Resurrection Day)
      Passion Week Special - 5

      1. Foreword

      Jesus has forced open a door that has been locked since the death of the
      first man. He has met, fought and beaten the King of Death. Everything
      is different because he has done so. This is the beginning of the New
      Creation; a new chapter in cosmic history has opened. ...

      2. Bible Readings for Easter Sunday (Mar 31)

      3. Sermons for Easter Sunday (Mar 31)

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-for-Passion-week_Easter.htm

      4. Christ Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed!

      I say to you this morning: CHRIST IS RISEN! I am convinced! I have faith
      that Christ was dead and he was buried. That I believe. But, this too I
      accept as true: He rose from the dead and will come again in glory. ..

      5. Christ Is Risen, Indeed He Is Risen

      The power, the evidence, the proof of the resurrection - it all begins
      with you and me as we embrace the Risen Christ and allow Him to do His
      work in our lives. May the joys of this Pascha season radiate through us
      all as we faithfully live in the glorious splendor of the Holy
      Resurrection of our Lord, God, and Savior, Jesus Christ. ...

      6. Featured: Resurrection Day!

      Below is the Paschal Homily of John Chrysostom, a sermon celebrating the
      glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally read aloud in
      many Orthodox churches on Easter morning. ...

      7. The Jesus Movement: From Failure to Phenomenon

      If Jesus was just another dead messianic leader, His following would
      come to nothing. But it didn't. Despite the suppressive forces of the
      cross, the stake, the Colosseum, the gulag, and anti-religious
      legislation, lawsuits, speech codes, and political correctness, the
      kingdom has steadily advanced in hearts of men and in man's
      institutions. ...Outside of the truth of the Resurrection, the
      phenomenon of the Church is inexplicable - a fact that, itself, is
      sufficient to establish that the "faith once given" was given by none
      other than God. ...

      8. What We Know About Jesus and the Resurrection

      The following points are almost universally agreed upon by New Testament
      historians regardless of belief in miracles or their position on the
      resurrection itself. ...

      9. Victory over All

      So much happened at Calvary's cross over two thousand years ago; but
      ultimately, because of Jesus, we can celebrate victory! Jesus overcame
      sin and death so that we can have abundant life. Because of Jesus, we
      have total victory over anything that would try to hold us back in this
      life! ...

      10. Pascha: The Day The Lord Has Made (Psalm. 118,24)

      On the day of the Resurrection, we give thanks to God who has granted us
      victory through Jesus Christ, our Lord, and put an end to the power of
      sin, which brought death to our Lord. Jesus Christ is the first who rose
      from the dead. He destroyed death by His death, and opened unto us the
      doors of paradise, and bestowed upon us the fullness of life and of
      great mercy. ...

      11. Saint Gregory the Great on the Mystery of the Resurrection

      There are two lives; one of which we knew, the other we did not know
      of. The one is mortal, the other immortal; the one linked with human
      infirmity, the other to incorruption; one is marked for death, the other
      for resurrection. The Mediator between God and man, the Man Jesus
      Christ, came, and took upon Himself the one, and revealed to us the
      other. The one He endured by dying; the other He revealed when He rose
      from the dead. ...

      12. Easter Already?

      As Easter approaches, don't you often wonder why Christmas gets all the
      good press, while Easter is treated more like a very distant second
      cousin? After all, it's a commemoration of the greatest news ever
      proclaimed in history: Christ is alive and we are forgiven! Easter
      arrives with so little fanfare, we almost forget it's coming. ..

      13. Health: Tips for Minimizing Depression

      Depression can be rooted in a number of problems, and those need to be
      addressed - simply taking a pill is not usually effective treatment.
      Anger, fear and guilt can all be underlying causes, even when the person
      isn't aware he's experiencing those feelings. ..

      14. Recipe: Turkey Chili Makes a Great Healthy Meal

      After the long lent, it is time to indulge. Here is a recipe, developed
      by a physician, that is healthy and nutritious. The result is a rich,
      spicy red, green, and white chili loaded with good things. Try some of
      our spices to make a variety that is pleasing to your family.

      15. Happiness Comes from Giving Happiness

      Gaining happiness by giving happiness is a subject which requires
      careful thought and reflection. Happiness is not a thing, it's a
      condition -- a state of mind. You cannot buy happiness. You have it
      within and must give expression to it yourself, -- otherwise you will
      not be happy. ...

      16. Family Special: One Man's Number One Love

      This is a man who understands that "winning scores and great reputations
      are meaningless in the eyes of the Lord, because He knows what we really
      are, and that is all that matters." So put "devoted husband" above John
      Wooden's long list of accolades as greatest coach of all time, because
      that's who he really is..

      17. About Malankara World
      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew