Ray of Hope for the Schism in India!

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
      Ray of Hope for the Schism in India!

      On this blessed Day of Saint Mary and and the days of Forgiveness, the problems and Factional fights between the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church and the Indian Orthodox Church in the Malabar Diocese has been solved. The initiative has taken by the Parish church authorities from both factions and His Eminence Zacharia Mor Philaxinos, the diocesan Bishop of Malabar Diocese of the Syriac orthodox Church presided the meeting and exchanged the Kiss of Peace!!!

      For more than a century of never ending schism and factional fued between the Syriac Orthodox and Indian Orthodox in India today was the dawn of a bright Ray of Hope especially during Passion Week which both Churches in India observe.

      When our correspondence asked Syedna about this wonderful News and his Reply was -

      "During the Passion Week Christ sacrificed Himself for the Remission of our Sins and Peace . Today during the Passion Week the Syriac Orthodox Church sacrificed its properties for the Sake of Reconciliation and Peace. This was the Message and Deed we took . This is the message we want to give to the Churches here in India"

      Praise the Lord!!!

      To read the various newspaper reports on this subject, please visit our News page in Face book
      https://www.facebook.com/SOCMNet

      Video Link on this subject
      http://youtu.be/3P663hysTNo