“…as the clay is in the potter’s hand…”

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2013
      “…as the clay is in the potter’s hand…”

      Jer.18:3-8:“Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.”

      This is your mercy, Lord, that I am not cast away as a marred vessel. I am in your hand, being re-made and renewed. Your hands formed me, Lord. Your hands will keep me. Do with this lump of clay as you please, Lord. Let me not feel free to do with myself as I please. Let me seek only what pleases you, Lord. May I be found a vessel of mercy, sanctified, fit for the Master’s use, 2 Tim.2:21. I am what I am by grace, Lord, 1 Cor. 15:10. I thank you for your mercies. Amen.

      As long as we commit ourselves into God’s hands, He will re-make us and renew us, Isa. 64:8-9: “But now, O LORD, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter. And all we are the work of Your hand.” Blessed be God for His mercy and His sovereignty.

      I have found much blessing in praying with the words of Ps. 119: 73: “Your hands have made me and fashioned me; Give me understanding,…” We are praying for understanding on this basis: God is our Maker.

      Committing myself into God’s hands,

      Bro.Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.

      "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habit.
      Watch your habits, they become character.
      Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."