Our Daily Bread: Let It Go

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24 12:17 AM
      READ: Mark 11:1-11

      Say, “The Lord has need of it,” and immediately he will send it here. —Mark 11:3

      Many years ago, when a young friend asked if he could borrow our car, my wife and I were hesitant at first. It was our car. We owned it, and we depended on it. But we soon felt convicted to
      share it with him because we knew that God wanted us to care for others. So we handed the keys over to him, and he traveled to a church 30 miles away to conduct a youth rally. The meeting was used by the Lord to
      bring teens to Christ.
      Jesus instructed His disciples to take another man’s donkey. The Son of God
      told His men to “loose it and bring it” to Him (Mark 11:2). If someone
      objected, they were to say, “The Lord has need of it,” and they would
      then be permitted to lead it away. That donkey carried Christ into
      Jerusalem on what we call Palm Sunday.
      There’s a lesson here for us to consider. We all have things that we hold dear. We may have thought, I could never part with that. It may be a new truck, a coat, some other possession, or our precious
      few free hours during the week. Will we be open to give when someone
      obviously needs something we have?
      If you sense that the Spirit is speaking to you, let your time or
      possession go, as the owner released his animal to Jesus. He will then
      be glorified as He deserves! —David Egner
      Make me a channel of blessing today,
      Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
      My life possessing, my service blessing,
      Make me a channel of blessing today. —Smyth
      God gives us all we need, so we can give to others in their need.