Malankara World Journal Issue 130 - Great Lent Week 6

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 6:08 PM
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 130 - Great Lent Week 6 - (Mar 13,
      2013) is available online at:

      *
      **TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 130*
      Great Lent Week 6

      1. Apostolic Holy Lent Encyclical 2013: Charity

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lent/Lent_HH-encyclical-2013.htm

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Mar 17)

      Sixth Sunday of Great Lent (Samiyo/The Blind Man)

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Mar 17)

      Sermons for the Sixth Sunday in Great Lent (Samiyo/ The Blind Man)

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_6th-sunday-in-lent.htm

      4. Malankara World Great Lent Supplement

      Great Lent is the time for personal reflection, meditation,
      reconciliation, and prayer. Malankara World has a great resource
      that helps you accomplish that. We provide you daily reflections,
      meditations, prayer, bible readings etc. First, read the articles
      about how to practice lent. Then do the reading for the day
      specified. We will guide you week by week and day by day. You can
      find the resources here.

      Malankara World Great Lent Supplement
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Default.htm

      Daily Reflections - Bible Readings, reflections and prayers for each
      day of the week: Week 6 of Great Lent
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Lent_week6.htm

      5. What is Keeping You Away From Success?

      In every social structure, whether it be family, town, county or
      state, there are "The boys down at the stable." They are the jealous
      ones. They are too scared to try something different. They show
      their ignorance by laughing at those who do. Learn to recognize them
      for what they are. Don't let them hurt you. It takes a certain
      amount of toughness to succeed. One has to rise above those who
      would tear you down so that they can laugh and say, "I told you so!" ...

      6. Featured: The Works of God and the Worship of Jesus

      No matter what mess you're in or what pain you're in, the causes of that
      mess and that pain are not decisive in explaining it. What is decisive
      in explaining it is God's purpose. Yes, there are causes. Some of them
      your fault, perhaps, and some of them not. But those causes are not
      decisive in determining the meaning of your mess or your pain. What is
      absolutely decisive is God's purpose. ...

      7. For Judgment I Came into This World

      The mission of Jesus was not to condemn. It was to save. But he saves by
      being the truth and speaking the truth and doing the truth. And those
      who are not "of the truth" (John 18:37) refuse to embrace him as Savior,
      and therefore are condemned. The ministry of Jesus, which aims to save,
      inevitably reveals and confirms the blindness and unbelief that
      condemns. ...

      8. Do You Still Not See (Even After Witnessing All The Miracles)?

      Jesus put saliva on his eyes and placed his hands upon him. "Can you see
      anything?" rings the now familiar question. The man looked up and said,
      "I can see people, but they look like trees, walking." Putting his hands
      on the man's eyes once more, Jesus restored the blind man's sight. And
      he walked away seeing clearly. ...

      9. Orthodox Man as The Image of God

      The Word of God was made the Son of man in order that man might become
      God. He had to become all things to all man except sin. So, He comes as
      the perfect image of God and He gives us the possibility of restoring
      this likeness to God within ourselves. ...

      10. When You Feel Like You're Not Enough

      When we focus our thoughts on ourselves and how inadequate we feel, or
      what others think about us and how we're performing, we cast a shadow of
      doubt in our minds by blocking the light of God's Truth in our hearts. ...

      11. Recipe for Chorukka (Bitter) for Good Friday

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Passion/chorukka-recipe.pdf

      12. Family Special: What We See in Each Other

      Like Samuel, we often make judgments based on what people look like. But
      God doesn't use looks as his criteria. He evaluates people by what's in
      their hearts. He sees their character, their faithfulness and their
      commitment to him. ...

      13. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew