Re: Do we curse Jews during Good Friday Service? (Part III)

  • Sinu
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2013
      Dear Brother in Jesus Christ,

      Thank you for your kind words. I believe most of these questions are formed, not because off translational errors, but because of the misunderstanding/misinterpretation of the songs. So need clarification or explanation most of the time. However, I do agree that often translational mistakes also add to the confusions.

      I think our church authorities are putting some effort in improving the service books recently. Recent books from M.S.O.T Seminary published are much improved versions compared to those in circulations back in 1970-1980s. But there are still mistakes which need to be rectified.

      Thanks to the initiatives and work by Dr. Thomas Joseph and Titus thirumeni, the American archdiocese is preparing a service book for Sunday service in English, which is currently under revision. I happened to see a draft. It is a very good work with many commentaries and explanations included and will be a good resource for all the English speaking members around the world when published.

      I agree with you that similar texts for other services, including Good Friday, with commentaries will be helpful for the people. Let us hope and pray that our church authorities take initiatives to produce more such valuable books in the future. However, I believe that we, as laity, also have the responsibility to seek the truth when some one questions our practices and faith.

      Sinu P. John, PhD
      Bethesda, MD, USA
      Member ID:0076