Our Daily Bread: On The Fringe

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6 11:35 PM
      READ: Philippians 4:10-20

      God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. —Philippians 4:19

      When butterflies hatch at Frederik Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, Michigan, they do so in an indoor tropical paradise perfectly suited to meet
      their every need. The temperature is perfect. The humidity is perfect.
      The food is a perfect balance of calories and nutrition to keep them
      healthy. No need to go elsewhere. Yet some butterflies see the bright
      blue sky outside the conservatory and spend their days fluttering near
      the glass ceiling far away from the plentiful food supply.
      I want to say to those butterflies, “Don’t you know everything you need
      is inside? The outside is cold and harsh, and you will die within
      minutes if you get what you are longing to have.”
      I wonder if that is the message God has for me. So I ask myself, Do I
      look longingly at things that would harm me? Do I use my energy to gain
      what I don’t need and shouldn’t have? Do I ignore God’s plentiful
      provision because I imagine that something just beyond my reach is
      better? Do I spend my time on the fringes of faith?
      God supplies all our needs from His riches (Phil. 4:19). So instead of
      striving for what we don’t have, may we open our hearts to gratefully
      receive everything we’ve already been given by Him. —Julie Ackerman Link
      All that I want is in Jesus;
      He satisfies, joy He supplies;
      Life would be worthless without Him,
      All things in Jesus I find. —Loes
      Our needs will never exhaust God’s supply.